Here at Projects One Safety Online we believe in simplicity. Making SWMS simple was no easy feat.
First we broke the process into 5 parts:
- Mostly stage one populates from information you already have in the system about yourself, the project details and your principal contractor details. You choose the state you are working in and the high risk activity you are doing.
- Stage two is answering questions like what PPE do you need and have you checked the weather
- Now we have thought of as many tasks, hazards, risks, and controls as possible. Select the tasks, hazards, risks and controls specific to your current jobsite. Add more of your own if you need
- Stage four, you and your team can sign using usernames and passwords and email it straight to the principal contractor if you need.
- Now that you have created your new SWMS it is time to keep an eye on it. Review it easily when changes occur and make notes as you check that all is going to plan.
- More great features! SWMS are required to be site specific which normally would require that you write a new SWMS for each project with a little copy and paste, however Projects One Safety Online allows you to copy a SWMS from a similar project, review the changes and sign. All the new project details are added for you. The SWMS must be reviewed and specific to site to be compliant, so don’t skip the detail, someone’s life may depend on you getting this right! Always remember consultation with your team is an important part of writing a SWMS, so ensure you review your SWMS with your team present where you can see the hazards.
Then we made it a step-by-step process.
To learn more read our blog on Safe Work Method Statements OR
Download our SWMS Made Easy PDF guide and book your free 30-minute safety strategy session to get your safety on track! Click the button to get started.